Monday 14 July 2014

Question 1: Did you enjoy the workshop day? What were your best bits and why?

We could watch the shoot from seats
I enjoyed the workshop day. It was fun to experience the professional set as it was my first time on the set. It was a good opportunity to get a view of the different jobs in the film industry as an actress and when being able to volunteer as a runner.

I enjoyed learning about lighting because it seemed so challenging since there was a desired lighting set up that needed to be remade. There were many different lights controlled at the lighting desk which had switches and memory. I was able to visit the light desk and watch the software being changed while also physically closing the barn doors of the lights on the actual set with a lighting pole.

A view of the set from the lighting desk. Make up and props on the right. Centre is where it comes together.
Lights are mainly above set. Changing rooms are behind. Runners area and catering is on left.














The camera has a bigger viewfinder attached to it with a shotgun microphone.
I enjoyed acting as my character was slightly different from the music video. I enjoyed being in my costume as it was comfortable.

It was interesting talking to all the different members of the crew and finding out about their roles which gave me a realistic idea of the types of jobs available in the industry.


I helped set up some props by lifting the wires through the chair.
I enjoyed being a runner although I did find it tiring. I am a very active person so being a runner is suitable for me as I like to do things efficiently. The workshop illustrated how much care is taken into each shot of a media product.

I enjoyed watching the director and performance directors explain carefully what was expected from them.

The workshop day was a different experience overall and I have learnt many things that I can use in my project next term.

No comments:

Post a Comment